Triton Labs Reef Aquarium Water Test - This item ships to you for free. You only need to place proper postage on the box to mail it back to us in Los Angeles. (typically $2.32) Once back in our hands we take care of the shipping to Germany. - "Empowered Reefkeeping" is at the core of "The Triton Method" , and it all starts with information about your aquarium's water. For the first time ever, reefkeepers have access to the most detailied analysis of aquarium water ever developed. Developed over several years at his facility in Dusseldorf, Germany, Triton Labs founder, Ehsan Dashti has developed customized protocols to utilize Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emmission Spectrometry analysis (ICP-OES) to literally rip molecules apart with plasma that is heated to 10,000 degrees Kelvin for analysis. The ICP-OES machine has been adapted by Ehsan to test seawater for the hobbyist with extreme accuracy, unprecedented at this price point. Water is tested for precise concentrations of lesser known elements found in seawater that are either essential and missing, or detrimental and building up to high levels in the aquarium, 36 elements total. The elements being tested for include Na, Ca, Mg, K, Sr, B, Br, S, Li, Be, Ba, Ti, V, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni, Cu, Zn, Al, Si, As, Sb, Sn, Cd, Se, Mo, Hg, P (PO4), Pb, I.
The results provide you with the most detailed analysis of marine aquarium water you've ever seen, enabling you to understand exactly what's missing, what's excessive, and what to do about it. The results are reported back to you in a simple, easy-to-understand format. If you need to add trace elements, Triton offers ultra-pure trace elements to adjust deficiencies in your aquarium. The benefit to you is being able, for the first time, to add exactly what your corals require for long-term health and growth, or knowing exactly what is building up to potentially detrimental levels. The possibilities with the "Triton Method" include being able to precisely replicate natural sea water chemistry conditions from reefs around the world, as well as creating higher potential for success with the information provided by the ICP-OES analysis.
We recommend purchasing a minimum of 3 tests, so that you can take a "baseline" reading of your reef, with a second test to track any adjustments made after the initial test, and a third test to determine what trace elements are being utilized at a higer rate than others after the initial adjustments.
INSTRUCTIONS: 1) Visit Triton Labs website (www.triton-lab.de) and click on "Register". You will be prompted to provide a username, password, and email address.
2) You will receive a barcode enclosed in the test box. Once you have registered online you will then connect the barcode. Simply enter the alpha-numeric code into the box on the website.
3) Collect the sample from your aquarium by rinsing the 2 test vials 3 times with aquarium water, then fill the vials completely and cap them tightly.
4) Affix the barcodes to each vial and place back inside the same box.
5) Peel the protective film off the sticky tape on the box and reseal the box.
6) Place proper postage on the box (typically $2.50) and drop in the mailbox.
7) You will receive email updates when we recieve the sample and scan the barcode as well as when it is received in Germany and again when the results are uploaded.
NOTE: The price does not include domestic return shipping of the test back to us. Also, please note that, if you are ording a kit only (without any other items), select "Local Pickup/Add-on Order/Triton Test" shipping method upon checkout for free shipping to you!