UPS increases rates at the end 2019, UniqueCorals will keep the rates the same for its customers
Effective December 29, 2019, UPS made the following changes:
- The rates for UPS® Ground, UPS Air and International services will increase an average net 4.9%.
- A Rebill fee will be assessed for each request to change the billing account for a shipment.
- A Prohibited Item fee will apply to packages containing prohibited articles or restricted articles not in compliance with all UPS policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations if found in the UPS system.
- Value-added services and other charges will apply to undeliverable packages returned to the shipper.
- UPS reserves the right to assess a late payment fee in an amount set forth in the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service if an invoice is not paid in full by the invoice due date.
- The weight threshold for applying an Additional Handling surcharge will be lowered from 70 pounds to 50 pounds actual weight for UPS Ground and UPS Air services.
- The list of ZIP codes to which Delivery Area Surcharges and Extended Area Surcharges apply will change. See updated zip code listings below (under 2020 Preview Rates) for more information.
- A processing fee will apply to each request to file a single entry under Entry Type 86 for a shipment that normally qualifies for U.S. customs clearance under a consolidated manifest.
- The rates for certain value-added services and other charges will increase.
All shipping carriers including UPS and FedEx increased their rates for 2020.
Shipping costs have gone up on average 4.9%, and in some cases more, due to weight threshold lowered from 70lb to 50lb, and Saturday Delivery fee increasing, etc.
At UniqueCorals.com, we value our customers, and we want you to have the best online shopping experience. There are many variables at play when it comes to shipping, such as weather, hub delays, delivery driver delays, and other unpredictable mishaps. 99% of the time it is due to the carrier and we cannot control the transit process. We very much appreciate you trusting us to do everything in our power to get your animal to you safe and sound, and also working with us to ameliorate any shipper issues. THANK YOU!
UniqueCorals will absorb the increases and not raise shipping prices to show our gratitude. We hope you will continue to shop with us in the coming year and beyond.